The most profound advice I ever received from my longtime friend – other than, ‘Love! one is never enough’! – Jas, aka an ex cross-dressing, gender bender with buckets of present day style was,
‘Love, who needs normal? You were born to be exceptional! You, We were born to be fabulous!
In a world where real beauty is fast shopped, Instagram photo shopped to the beauty nutritional value of fast food, Jas sums up Beauty’s new dichotomy perfectly.
‘Today the word beauty is used to define perfect, in proportion and flawless.
There was a time when beauty was about someone’s style, their presence and charisma’.
So with a few tweaks Jas, aka MR Divine, reminds us beauty, real beauty and the power of feeling beautiful is not found over the counter. Beauty is found at home.
Welcome gorgeous ones,
We can all agree there are days where our reflection lets us down. Lets us down. I know. Days. Days where we are want for nothing more than to reconfigurate, recamouflage or recreate. (yes these are not words in the dictionary!)
Those days, where even with perfection staring back at us, we want to see something new.
I have watched a barrage of tutorials on shading and contouring, shading and contouring – creating features where once there were none. There were none!
It is times like this when our divine creative child stomps her plus size heels and says,
‘I’M HERE, I’m ready, give me the theatre of life!
Moreover, give me the centre stage!
Being fabulous is all about canvassing your flaws as features. Seriously it is your flaws that define how unique and fabulously different you are.
Have you ever felt the floor tilt as all the fabulous eyes of the room cast themselves towards you. They are drawn, lost in your enigmatic presence. There is nothing sexier than strutting your good self with great posture. Great posture is HOT!
- Play up your flaws – Listen and pay attention to the indomitable wisdom of the eternally beautiful, the charismatic, Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel – she who made Lauren Hutton’s gap toothed smile a beauty icon.
I will speak more of the indomitable style of Diana Vreeland in next week’s post.
You don’t need to spend money or over complicate things to be fabulous!
Here are a few of Jas’s aka Mr Divine’s favourite nips and tricks.
- Start at the beginning Prepare your canvas, an easy way to do this is with a thin layer of mashed avocado. Allow 20ish minutes to dry then peel it off in gentle circular motions with your fingertips.
- Then lightly rinse, the result is soft, moisturised exfoliated skin. If you have an overly pink or dry skin tone, instead of rinsing, just buff off with a soft cloth.This will leave your skin more hydrated with a slight green undertone helping balance the excess pinkness
- Remember to pay attention to framing your eyes and honouring your lips!
- Whether you feel the need for just a layer of BB cream, a slick of lip tint and lashings of mascara, or a well contoured face and smoky eye.
- We never leave the house without a little tricking up.
- First Smile! it increases your face value, and why yes, I did just quote Truvy from Steel Magnolias.
- First impressions matter! smiling and eye contact when introduced to someone, lingering eye contact and handshake if you want them to remember – not too long, stalking is not beautiful!
- Fragrance should not assault someone across a room. We want it subtle enough that a potential paramour nuzzles in closer. Where that first kiss on the cheek already has them wet, I mean weak at the knees. Seduction ladies!
- Dress for comfort! No grimace on your face thanks to those new heels.
- Yes, there are exceptions to some rules. Like wearing those new heels to a venue with loud music (so we will assume social conversation is out) and fortifying yourself with whichever top shelf spirit, you require to bring out your inner spirit animal.
A sexy tip if you are seeking the simple glam of a Vargas girl, with a low-cut sweater, enhance your bosom by consuming two cups of fennel tea daily for a few weeks -to push you up a cup size!
- Dress boldly with eccentricity as Iris Apfel does, or enhance your femininity by stealing from the boys.
- Match a man’s dress shirt with a pencil skirt, wide belt, pushed up sleeves and pearls – Aka Katherine Hepburn or Lauren Bacall with a silk blouse, oversized men’s pant with braces or a belt to accentuate a paper bag waist.
And remember! Style does not have to be expensive it’s just what works for you.
There are no set of rules that apply to all, so dare to be bold and creative. Have fun.
People are always confident when they are enjoying life.
Who is MR Divine? Aka my friend Jas
An ex-gender bending, spiritual, lover of food and wine, with interests in holistic healing, nutritional medicine and who can spend hours in Thai Chemists leaving no shelf unturned looking for something cheap, trick and fabulous. Xxx